9.01.2009

From Vienna

My first blog comes from the Vienna airport! Going to the airport at 400 am without sleep I boarded my first flight at 550 headed for Denver. We had a 45 minute layover and headed for Washington D.C. It was here that my first awesome surprise came. As we got off the airplane Kaylie and I hit every bookstore we saw on our way to our next gate. We found Catching Fire!!!! I am already half done with it. J After a 3 hour layover in D.C. we boarded a flight for 9 hours and landed in Vienna. We still have a 3 ½ hour flight to Tel Aviv and a bus ride before we actually reach our destination.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to upload pictures to my blog regularly. Most of my posts will be all text. I am using free wireless in the airport, so this will be your first and possibly last picture till I get back. It looks like I have been traveling for  20 hours, and that is because I have. Enjoy! 

Kaylie, Leanna, and I in the Vienna Airport

5 comments:

bradget said...

Yoooooooo! Tell me when you are done with catching fire. I don't know anyone else who has finished it. I just finished after work and I really want someone to discuss it with.

PS - I tried calling you before you left but I didn't know your flight was so stinkin early. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye!

irondave said...

Keep the posts coming - glad to know that you are doing well and loving it. I remember your first long day of flight when you went from Madrid to Yuma Arizona through LAX - you did great and did not complain once until the last 25 minutes on the little plane going into Yuma. You screamed your head off and everyone was squirming in their seats - the plane only held about 20 people and our family was 6 of those. Of course you were 8 months old.

Cameron and Melissa Johansson said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are doing okay! And glad that you got Catching Fire. I'm not allowed to read it for 5 more days! :( I'm so glad that you are having this awesome experience. There will be quite a few changes when you get back!

Mary and Jordan said...

yay keep the updates coming!!!! i will be checking on a regular basis. love you and miss you girls!!!!

meghan elizabeth said...

don't you love travelling! im exicted to hear all about your adventures in a year and a half!!