6.06.2009

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it." W. M. Lewis

October 2, 2002 I started my bucket list in my journal. Some of them I grew out of considering I made the list when I was 14. This is the updated list and I am publishing it as a sort of contract. Now that people know the list I am obligated to work on it. I have accomplished only a hand-full of the following and I’m going to get on it! Red- Done Blue- Work in progress

Ride in a hot air balloon
Get 4.0 on a semester grade
Go see the Grand Canyon
Go to Yellowstone
Go to Lake Powell
See the Statue of Liberty
Go to the top of the Empire State building
Swim with dolphins


Sell a photo I took
Visit every state (over half-way done)
See the Eiffel Tower
Plant and grow a garden of my own
Learn to surf
Go to a drive-inn movie theater


Go cliff jumping
Ride on a Snowmobile
Go camping for real. This includes a backpack, a hike, great foil dinner, and a tent.
Go Skydiving
Live overseas by myself -- Jerusalem
Learn to love reading
Learn to love to run (run a half marathon)
Teach English in a foreign country
Go to China to see the Great Wall


Ride in a helicopter
Go to a mavs game during the playoffs
Sing a solo on stage
Ride on an elephant
Be in a movie (an extra will do)
Visit all the temples in the US

Rexburg Temple

Go on an African Safari
Learn to snowboard
Sew something I can use (blanket, apron…)
Volunteer for habitat for humanity
Own a Chocolate Lab
Cook a thanksgiving dinner
See the pyramids in Egypt

It is definitely a work in progress, but it will happen! Let me know if there are any other additions that need to be made to my bucket list.

2 comments:

bradget said...

How is seeing a drive in movie a work in progress. Did you write your blog entry as you were at the drive-in?

bradget said...

Okay, I guess that last post was from Brad...

I on the other hand want to let you know that you have been to Yellowstone. You were a wee-thing but you have definately been to Yellowstone. :)

Still jealous about Jerusalem!