6.16.2009

Im Leaving on a Jet Plane

Center at night (from BYU.edu)

September 1, 2009 I leave on a jet plain headed for Jerusalem and my return will be December 17, 2009. That means I get to experience Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas celebrations in Jerusalem!

Dorms (BYU.edu)

I will be there a full semester and I am ridiculously excited! The BYU center is located on Mount Scopus overlooking Mount of Olives and the Kidron Valley. Each room houses four girls and has a personal balcony with a spectacular view. While the dress code is very strict (only pants or skirts that go to mid-calf, and sleeves that almost go to your elbows) it will all be worth it in the end.

BYU Jerusalem Center (BYU.edu)

Places I will be seeing. Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Mt. Sinai, Ein Gev in Gelilee, Hezekiah’s Tunnel, Red Sea, Dead Sea, archaeological sites, Mt. Scopus (where center is built), Mount of Olives, and many more places!

Classes I will be taking.  Hebrew, New and Old Testament, Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Modern Near Eastern Studies, and I will be taking a travel studies class (we basically go on field trips).

Feel free to write me letters! 

P.O. BOX 19604

Jerusalem, 91196 ISRAEL

p.s. I will blog with updates. :)

3 comments:

Tom said...

Good luck! You are going to love it!

bradget said...

Still jealous. How many people total are in the program? You are learning Hebrew? Awesome.

bradget said...

PS - you meant plane, not plain, right? :) love you like a sister.