6.28.2011

I am just becoming more awesome each day!!

I make a skirt!!! Here is the proof. It was really easy! The instructions for making this skirt are located at this blog. I did the whole thing within a couple of hours. For the more experienced ones out there, you could do it much faster. Here is a list of firsts for me during this adventure...

1. First Skirt
2. First zipper (invisible)
3. First bow
4. First hem
5. First wearable item

I had so much fun doing this and I cant wait to start my next project! I also learned a ton while doing this because it forced me to explore options with my machine. One thing I did not learn is how to zig-zag the edges....I tried and failed. I think I am going to need someone to show me . I will work on it though! I also added the visible stitching on the skirt to add a little something something and I LOVE IT!!! Enjoy admiring my hard work!!

The final product!


The zipper. Not great, but not bad for a first time with instructions from the Internet!


This is me wearing the skirt!! This is before I made the bow, but I was just too excited to try it on!

ps Sorry for not writing in this thing for a while. I have been sooooo busy! That means I have lots to blog about :). See you all very soon!

3 comments:

bradget said...

Super impressed! I can't believe you tackled a zipper on your first try. Good work. I'm totally making this skirt pronto.

Rachel said...

If you become any more dazzling, we shall have to start wearing sunglasses to work. You're amazing.

Brandy said...

WAHOO!!! It looks awesome!! Well done!! I had to make something in my home ec. class in high school one and it ended up being a dress. It took me literally weeks!! But it was definitely a booster...I felt awesome once it was done. In fact, it lead to me making LOTS of quilts and pillows and small blankets throughout the years!! Again, good job!!! :oD