4.17.2011

THE list

I have decided to start on THE list. When I say THE list, I mean THE life list of things that I need to start doing. A few things on this list are; planting a garden (at least one thing I can eventually eat), sky diving, learning how to sew (done!! So now it has changed to "learn how to sew better), and learn how to bake bread.

I have come to tell all that I have attempted to make bread! I started small with rolls. The scariest part of making bread is the yeast...I seem to always screw that part up. So while I was making rolls on this wonderful, yet windy Sunday, I realized that I was having some major anxiety about that dumb yeast! I called my faithful old roommate, Emma, who put my fears to rest. The next phase of anxiety for me was when I had to knead the bread...I was scared of adding too much flower and ruining this piece of art work after I had gotten so far into the process! It was really sticky and I was adding a lot of flour. I complained and sweat a little while I continued in my task and eventually set it aside to rise (crossing my fingers that the dumb yeast was actually going to work!). And...IT DID!! I was so excited and my current roommate can testify of that! It was smooth sailing from there. I have made rolls and they were awesome!! Below is picture proof of my perfection! The next task is going to make actual loafs of bread...im scared.


the creation

4 comments:

bradget said...

Actually I think rolls are WAY harder than bread... no fear!

And you'll have to tell me your recipe - I've never managed to make edible rolls in my life.

Josh & Emily Burk said...

I have a really good whole wheat bread recipe. I'll have to e-mail it to you. Homemade bread and rolls are a staple in this house. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good plan to me emily!

Brandy said...

And now you shall share the recipe so Brandy may attempt.... ;D