1.26.2011

15 Things

Here is the beginning of 30 different prompts that I found on my friend's blog. I decided that my life is never interesting enough to blog regularly, so I have to steal ideas from other people.

Blog 1: Write 15 things about yourself and include a recent photo.
I decided to make it a list of things that most people do not know about me to make things more interesting.

1. I LOVE peanut butter. Most people know this, but few actually know how deep the love goes. I am fully convinced that mixing anything with peanut butter will make it taste good. My favorite candy is chocolate and peanut butter (in every form). In fact...im eating a peanut butter and honey sandwhich right now. :)

2. I love Harry Potter (the books not the character/actor). I have read them twice and both times have been a great experience. I am about to start listening to them on CD while I drive to and from work. When I get into a good book, my whole world becomes that book. So here I go, Im about to go live at Hogwarts for the next few months. Ill let you know when I return.

3. I like to watch poker on ESPN, but I hate to play the game myself. I have no idea why I enjoy it so much, I just do. Dont judge me.

4. I read magazines back to front. This is a habit I got from my mother. Its weird. I know. I dont really see a purpose in it. It is just a habit of mine.

5. I cant sleep with my closet door open. I think I also got this habit from my mother. I remember laying in bed one night and my closet door was open. I was really scared that a man was standing in the closet looking at me, but I couldnt see him becuse it was too dark. He was just waiting for me to fall asleep so that he could attack me. Confession: I still have this fear. I even check my closet before closing the doors at night.

6. I might say that I cant cook, but the truth is that I am very good at it! I just dont have the money to cook like I want to. I really enjoy it!

7. I have always wanted to go to hair school. The thing that stopped me was the idea of working with only women for the rest of my life. I like the occational girl, but working in an all girl environment sounds like way too much drama for me! Maybe one day when Im rich, I can go to school and just have my own salon in my house.

8. I dont really like chocolate. This is kind of weird because I like it in some forms, but not others. Usually if it is paired with something (like peanut butter), I like it. I do NOT like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream.

9. I used to believe that I was supposed to be a mermaid. I love the water way too much and when I was younger, I swear I could breath under water. I lost this talent with age due to the fact that I was a human and had to adapt to breathing above water. I still love water and can not get enough of it!

10. My favorite color is purple. Most people knwo this about me, but they dont know that I have tried not to like purple because a lot of people like purple. I like to be different, but I cant force myself to be different on this issue.

11. I work with juvenile delinquents as a PSR worker. I went to the county jail today. I deal with alcohol, drugs, aggression, difunctional families, and yelling almost every day, and for some reason I actually like it. I am learning and growing every day in more then one way.

12. I love dogs. I have always wanted to own a chocolate lab. They just make me happy, and they are just awesome. They also give you the excuse to go play outside!

13. I have a secret love for dancing. I can not dance worth anything, but I watch youtube videos of So You Think You Can Dance all the time. I wish I could move like they do. I probably never will be able to...so in the mean time, I watch and sit in awe.

14. I love to travel! I have been to many places in the world, but it only makes me realize all the places that I have not been. A few places I have been: Japan, Jerusalem, Egypt, Jordan, and many other places. A few places I want to go: Greece, Turkey, Ireland, Australia, and any other cool place that I am not thinking of.


15. I am addicted to my computer. I am always on it due to work, and so I have learned to rely on it. You can always reach me by email because I check it a few times a day. And yes, I am addicted to facebook. Not as bad as most people, I think I get on once or twice a day, so not too bad. Because I have relied so much on my computer, I would rather type anything then handwrite it--im talking even to do lists.

Here is a recent picture of me--also shown below in a previous post. :)


Well, there you have it. 15 things about me! Probably not that interesting to the two of you that read this thing, but thats ok. Untill next time!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Still love the pic. And the fact that you're blogging.

Unknown said...

Thanks Devin! Speaking of loving when people blog...hows that new entry of yours coming?

Unknown said...

I learned some things about my old roommate yeeeah! And when you're old and have your own salon, if I am anywhere near you I will send all my friends to you! Hope your doing well post-graduation!

Unknown said...

Hey old roommate! It is good to hear from you! I hope things are going well for you too!

bradget said...

yoooo sister just a little over a week away until I see you :) I'm excited.

irondave said...

Catching up on your BLOG entries - I watch Texas Hold 'Em on TV constantly - well, actually I TIVO it and watch it when I am able - all of it! But I also love to play it - when you come in June we will have a family tournament - unfortunately Bridget is really good at it and has taken all my chips before! But I actually won a tournament in Las Vegas at the Aria - real money! Chocolate and peanut butter - absolutely! Fun reading! Keep at it!